Tuesday, May 16, 2017

ME MUST HAVE CHANGES




If I were examination officer I would not accept this!
Let reach a time to be serious with what we are doing. We must use our profession effectively. We must differentiate between examination and collected questions. You might be surprised why I am starting my writing these phrases.

I have been looking Form Three Geography Terminal Examination, but myself I satisfied that it is not examination but collected questions. Why you think I am saying this?

Paper is of poor format. We have been using to see geography paper carries twelve 12 questions, Question number one is Physical and Human geography (choosing items and 10 items are located). Question number two is matching items (5 items), number three is a question of describing (10 marks).

 Section B, of 27 marks, there are statistics, research, and survey questions. Section C caries questions from map reading, and photography interpretation. And section D, regional focal studies, where questions related to population, environmental problems, farming, transport and others are appointed.  
The poor format of form three geography examination affect the content of the examination itself, hence the paper dominated highly with physical geography questions and neglect other aspects.
What we should ask ourselves.
i)                     Are we doing examination or collected questions?
ii)                  What is the difference between examination and class work? Or the difference is the number of questions?
iii)                Do form three students know nothing about agriculture, transport, factor for urban migration, why population pressure etc.
iv)                Is the paper validated by The Head of department?

This is among the effect of going against our commitment. I know that there are many papers like this, and you will see them.
My suggestion, we should have examination body to modify the exams, before printed and distributed to the students. I conclude by saying this type of examination is invalid, and doesn’t prepare student rather prepare him for cramming.  

No comments:

Post a Comment